Version: 13.1.0583
Platform: .NET 4.0
Environment: Windows 7 (32-bit)

This bug is new in the 583 build.
Try this :

ProjectAssembly project1 = new ProjectAssembly("MyProject1");
ProjectAssembly project2 = new ProjectAssembly("MyProject2");
string referencePath = @"C:\MyAssembly.dll";
IProjectAssemblyReference assemblyRef1 =project1.AssemblyReferences.AddFrom(referencePath);
IProjectAssemblyReference assemblyRef2 =project2.AssemblyReferences.AddFrom(referencePath);

Here assemblyRef2 is null and project2.AssemblyReferences.Count is 0

I known the .Net Add-on use reflection to analyse references (this is not a good idea... : reflection is for runtime, not for static analyse)

It seems now, the assembly respository use

Assembly.ReflectionOnlyLoad(File.ReadAllBytes(path));

instead of

Assembly.ReflectionOnlyLoadFrom(path);

So, the second call throw a FileLoadException : "Assembly already loaded from other path..."

I hope Actipro will devellope an IAssemblyRespository based on a IL dissasembler (Mono.Cecil, CCI Metadata...)

Comments (3)

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Nicolas,

Unfortunately it is frustrating that reflection locks the assemblies in this manner.  We do have a suggestion to use Cecil as an option for loading assembly data.  I'll add this forum thread to that request.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 5 years ago by 7Alpha7

Hello,

is this bug fixed ? I have the same problem. I use specific assembly loading service and I had to adapt it to use the ReflectionOnlyAssemblyResolve event. However, since previously the AssemblyResolve event fired for the same assembly, already loaded, I get the same exception. I am stuck and I don't know what to do to get intellisense back !

Posted 5 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

Sorry we have not made an additional Cecil-based loading option yet.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v2019.1 build 0683) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.