Show the same properties in PropertyGrid

Grids for WPF Forum

Posted 11 years ago by Snupru - Germany
Version: 13.1.0583

Hello,
I'm testing the PropertyGrid to see if it fit my needs.

I have two objects with the property Name. If I select both objects the PropertyGrid shows only once.

It is possible to show both Name properties of the objects?

Comments (3)

Answer - Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Snupru,

With the default data factories, if you are editing two objects in a PropertyGrid and they share a property with the same name, PropertyGrid will show a merged version of that property where the value shows if it's the same between the two.

The only way to alter that behavior would probably be to make a custom data factory.  There is a QuickStart sample that shows use of a custom data factory that might be a good reference for doing something like this.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 years ago by Snupru - Germany

It works...but...

All properties have a CustomTypeConvert. If I use the "CustomPropertyDataAccessor " my CustomTypeConverters are no longer called.

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello, if you'd like us to look into it, please make a new very simple sample project that shows a comparison of the standard factory and your custom data factory and what is not working in the custom case.  Send that to our support address and rename the .zip file extension so it doesn't get spam blocked.  Reference this thread in your email.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.