Use of code writer to vedit .HTML file loses RSS formatting from linked RSS file

Code Writer App Suggestions and Support Forum

Posted 11 years ago by Ben Page
Version: 2.0.11

Hi,

I am using code writer to manage a website from my Surface Pro.

I was using the program to make a few lines of code amendments to a page when on the move, and update this back to the web accordingly using another program.

Since an update recently, every .HTML file that i open using Code Writer no longer returns its RSS formatting when opened in a browser subsequently, even if i dont change anything in the file.

Please can you advise, given the popularity of this app, i am sure its something i have missed.

Cheers,

Ben

Comments (3)

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Ben,

Sorry but we'd need more information on what exactly is happening.  What is the exact difference between the file before and after the file gets saved that would cause things to change?

Please note that Code Writer will not save any files unless you tell it to via one of our save commands.  So if you open a file in Code Writer but never save it, we never would have modified it.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 11 years ago by Ben Page

Hi, the file in question is a data table that i add a row to by copy and pasting the previous line, and amend the data listed to point to the most recent event. The code that gets copy/pasted is as follows.

<tr>

<td>Sunday 25th August</td>

<td>Snooks Lane</td>

<td><!--<a href="_documents/Rd 5 May 2013 Review.doc" title="Opens Word Document containing Review">Click Here</a>--></td>

<td><a href="_documents/Rd 8 August 2013 results.xls" title="Opens Excel Document containing Results">Click Here</a></td>

</tr>

Adding this data to the file within code writer caused the RSS formatting to be missing from the newly saved file, whilst conducting the same in notepad does not.

I have trialled this on copies of the file that i am trying to amend, and once code writer opens and saves it, even with making no changes to the file, all formatting is lost when the file is opened in a browser.

I am perplexed, as i have had the program installed for three/four months, and this has only been occuring in the last three/four weeks.

Thank you for your prompt response.

Ben

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Ben,

As long as you see the same contents, the only difference would be either line ends (CRLF, CR, LF) or the Encoding.  Check into one of those things to see which might be causing the problem.  There are options for both things in Settings.  And line ends for a specific document can be changed in the Document Properties flyout.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v4.2.42) was released 3 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.