CompletionList HorizontalOffset

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 11 years ago by Nicolas
Version: 13.1.0583

I use a SyntaxEditor with CSharpSyntaxLanguage.

How can I change the horizontal position of the completion popup ?

Comments (8)

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Nicolas,

The completion list is currently programmed to be displayed at the proper text range for which it is activated.  Can you go into more detail on what you are trying to change and why?  There shouldn't be any need to change it.

Actipro Software Support

Here's how dialog appears in SyntaxEditor (C# editor demo application) :

Intellipromt dialog in SyntaxEditor

and in Visual Studio 2010 :

Inteelipromt dialog in VS2010

Hi Nicolas,

I'm not seeing that at all and I tried on several versions back to 2012.2.  Which exact build are you running and can you give exact steps to repro it in our pre-built sample?  When I try, it always appears where it's supposed to, such as in your VS screenshot.

Actipro Software Support

I'm using v13.1.0583 on Windows 7 SP1 x64 (French)

Does it only slide left at the end of a line or everywhere?  Or in a particular scenario?  Per above we really need exact steps to repro it.

[Modified 11 years ago]

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 years ago by tal

Hey, I'm having the exact same problem (just started looking over all the posts and found this one).

I have installed VS2012 version 11.0.50727.1.RTMREL on a Windows 7 32bit Ultimate edition,

and I'm using the trial version from 9/9/2013 v13.2.0590 (downloaded just 2 days ago so i think it's the latest one).

It slides only to the left, appers in every scenario (inclding all the samples that came built in with this version - so just run it to reprouce).

It also affects the IntelliPrompt in general (quick info, completion list, and parameter info).

Can I provide you with anything else?

Thanks,

Tal

[Modified 10 years ago]

Answer - Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Tal,

I think we found the problem.  It's due to the "right handedness" setting on tablet PCs.  Are you using a touchscreen device?  We were able to repro it on a Surface for instance.  We've fixed the problem for the upcoming maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 years ago by tal

I have a regular computer so I just changed the setting and it worked (no touch input devices).

Thanks for the idea!

Tal

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.