Outlining Margin vs Selection Margin

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 11 years ago by Michael Dempsey - Sr. Developer, Teradata Corp
Version: 13.1.0311

The answer to a form question about margins refers to switching off Indicator, Selection and Outlining margins.

But unless I missed something you do not have a separate Outlining Margin. (Like Visual Studio does)
Instead you paint the outline indicators in the Selection margin.

This makes it very difficult to select a line that contains an outline indicator, or a block of lines where the first line has an outline indicator.

To make things easier for my users I have therefore turned the Indicator margin into a Selection margin by handling MouseDown. MouseMove and MouseUp, and making it work exacly as it does in the Selection margin.
This works great (although it would be nice to have a built in option to do this) except for the cursor.

The Cursor is still a regular [NW facing] arrow when it is over the Indicator margin, whereas it should be a NE facing arrow when used as a line selection cursor. Is there any way to set the cursor to be used when it is over the different parts of a SyntaxEditor control?
I can use the MouseMove event with HitTest I guess but I was hoping for something built into the control.
(and I dont see a built-in cursor type for NE facing arrow - do you use a 'custom' cursor there?)  

Thanks
Mike

Comments (2)

Answer - Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Mike,

Yes it is a custom cursor there.  You can get it with:

ActiproSoftware.Products.Shared.AssemblyInfo.Instance.GetCursor(CursorResource.ReverseArrow)

Actipro Software Support

Posted 11 years ago by Michael Dempsey - Sr. Developer, Teradata Corp

Thanks. Setting that in MouseMove works fine.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.