Detailed Update List
- Added the PieChart and DonutChart controls, which render beautiful pie charts.
- Added numerous pie and donut chart samples.
- Added the ability to display percentages on axis tick labels when StackKind is set to Percentage.
- Improved the Scatter chart type sample with a real world example.
- Fixed issue where adding an EventSetter to MarkerStyle would cause error.
- Fixed issue where XYSeries.ItemsSource did not work properly with all types of enumerables.
- Improved tab drag reordering to support custom multi-line panels.
- Fixed an issue with layout of auto-hide tabs when restore to auto-hide is enabled and a ToolWindow is docked and auto-hidden repeatedly.
- Fixed a bug where a non-hosted auto-hide flyout on a touch-based system with Right handedness set might render the flyout in an incorrect location.
- Improved the handling of Format literal escape characters in various edit boxes.
- Added the DataFactory.CreatePropertyDataAccessorEqualityComparer, which can create a custom comparer for determining when to merge properties from multiple objects.
- Improved various ribbon controls to better support touch interactivity.
- Updated the key tip location of buttons in the Backstage header area.
- Updated RibbonWindow so that if Backstage is open when the window is activated and focus is not within it, tabs will get focus.
- Updated various popups to better handle the right-handed setting on tablet PCs.
- Fixed a bug where separators in the QAT received a numeric key tip access text.
- Fixed a bug where a minimized ribbon in a Metro theme showed an incorrect line in the Backstage.
- Fixed a bug where a contextual tab group's background may not render correctly after one of its tabs was closed while Backstage is open.
- Added a DelimiterAutoCompleter class that implements the new IDelimiterAutoCompleter language service and can be easily applied to custom languages to auto-complete closing delimiters when opening delimiters such as braces are typed.
- Added the SyntaxEditor.IsDelimiterAutoCompleteEnabled property that can be set to false to turn off any delimiter auto-complete features that the current syntax language supports.
- Updated the Getting Started #14 QuickStart to show implementation of delimiter auto-completion in a custom language.
- Added a DelimiterIndentProvider class that can be used as a base class for indent providers that wish to have auto-indent occur when pressing Enter within a curly brace pair.
- Updated the Getting Started #12 QuickStart to show usage of
the new DelimiterIndentProvider base class functionality in a custom language.
- Added a new indentation guides feature that renders lines at tab stops and can be activated via the SyntaxEditor.AreIndentationGuidesVisible property.
- Added the AdornmentLayerDefinitions.Guides adornment layer.
- Added the DisplayItemClassificationTypeProvider.IndentationGuides classification type, which can be used to alter the color of indentation guides.
- Updated the SDI Editor demo to demonstrate indentation guides.
- Improved the performance of ITextBufferReaders that include header/footer text.
- Added the ICompletionSession.RequiresFilterOnTextChange property that can be set to true to ensure filters are applied after any text change.
- Added logic to expand a search result that appeared at the end of a collapsed region.
- Updated EditorSearchView to disable the replace buttons when the document is read-only.
- Updated IntelliPrompt auto-completion to properly restore the selection following an undo.
- Updated IntelliPrompt popup location code relative to a text range.
- Updated OutliningManager.RemoveManualNode to look for nodes that end at the specified snapshot offset as well.
- Updated how EditorView.SelectedText is retrieved.
- Added the PrintSettings.HighlightingStyleRegistry property that can designate a registry to use only for printer output.
- Improved printer output when the syntax highlighting option is turned off.
- Updated the indicator margin to not show glyphs for indicators that are in collapsed regions.
- Fixed a bug where character casing edit actions on ranges that surrounded indicators could remove the indicators.
- Fixed a bug where existing indicator glyphs might not render when the indicator margin is made visible.
- Refactored the internal design of the rendering cache.
- Updated ScrollBar layout logic.
- Updated the Go to Line QuickStart to show how to center the caret in the view.
LL(*) Parser Framework
- Added the LLParserBase.CreateParserState method that can be overridden to inject a custom IParserState.
.NET Languages Add-on
- Added delimiter auto-completion features to the C# and VB languages.
- Added delimiter auto-indent features to the C# language when pressing Enter between a curly brace pair.
- Added IntelliPrompt parameter info for array indexers.
- Added a new QuickStart showing how to override automated IntelliPrompt completion by adding/removing items.
- Improved the resolver to properly handle ambiguity when simple names match types names.
- Improved the VB text formatter's handling of line continuations.
- Updated the order of resolver results, used for completion lists.
Web Languages Add-on
- Updated the IronyParser to use the latest Irony build.
- Improved WindowChrome (and RibbonWindow) to not cover up an auto-hidden Windows taskbar.
- Added the InertiaScrollViewer control, which is a smooth-scrolling ScrollViewer-like control that reacts to touch and continues gliding to a stop when flicked.
- Added the TypeNameConverter, which is a value converter for rendering an object's type name.
- Updated the launcher page and documents to use the new InertiaScrollViewer with touch and flick support.
About WPF Controls
WPF Studio / WPF Essentials Licensing
You can purchase our WPF controls individually if you wish however you have the option to purchase all of them in the WPF Studio bundle. Purchasing the bundle saves over 60% over purchasing all the WPF controls individually.
The WPF Essential bundle saves over 45% over purchasing its bundled controls separately.
That's some incredible savings!
WPF Studio Benefits
All WPF control licenses automatically include a free subscription for a year of free upgrades to any new versions that are released. At the end of the year, you may renew your license for another year to keep the free upgrade benefits active.
In addition, if you own a WPF Studio license, you are automatically eligible to receive free licenses for any new WPF control products added to WPF Studio that come out within your year period. This benefit does not apply to WPF Essentials customers.
You can give all our lastest WPF control products a spin right in your browser as long as you have .NET 4.0 installed. Just follow the steps on this page to see live demos:
Download an Evaluation
You can download an evaluation of all our WPF controls from this page:
Upgrade to WPF Studio
Contact our sales team for information on discounted pricing for upgrading from one of our older WPF control product licenses to a license for WPF Studio, WPF Essentials, or a new version of a WPF control product.
Free Upgrades to 2013.2
If you own an older WPF Studio version or one of its products and would like to upgrade to this latest version, please click the request a free upgrade link on your organization account page's 'Purchases and Licenses' tab. The link will appear there if your upgrade eligibility is active.
Actipro Software Support