Items can be added to QAT twice

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 11 years ago by Kevin Regel
Version: 13.2.0590

If I add an item to the QAT via the QAT context menu. I can then also add the same item using the context menu of the associated ribbon button. They don't seem to be sharing the same "CanExecute" code. This results in duplicate items being in the QAT.

I am using version 2013.1.0582

Comments (2)

Posted 11 years ago by Kevin Regel

I was able to re-create this same behavior in the "Customizing the QAT" sample with the "Italic" command. I added the Italic command to the QAT via the list boxes at the bottom of the sample. Applied the changes the Italic command was then in the QAT. Then I went to the CanCloneToQuickAccessToolBar ribbon and added the Italic command to the QAt and ended up with duplicate Italic commands in the QAT.

Answer - Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Kevin,

I believe you can set the Id property of the controls to a string that uniquely identifies controls.  That way if you have two buttons on the ribbon that do the same thing, you can set them to the same Id and only one should ever be allowed to go into the QAT.

If that doesn't help, please tell us how to reproduce this in our existing sample.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.