Min / Max buttons for floating toolwindow

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by John - Arch, Medplus
Version: 2.0.81

How do you enable the min/max buttons for a floating tool window?

Comments (5)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi John,

The problem here is that we use the "FormBorderStyle.SizableToolWindow" Form style for our floating tool window, and this is drawn/handled by Windows. There isn't an option for that style of Form to show minimize/maximize buttons.

The only way to add that would be to make a custom title bar and use that instead or alternatively perhaps allow an option to use regular size captions (FormBorderStyle.Sizable), which do allow minimize/maximize buttons.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 16 years ago by Simon C
How might I go about doing creating a custom title bar, and where do I set it in the code?

Additionally, I'm trying to add buttons to the docked toolwindow title bar. I can draw arbitary graphics on it using a custom renderer, but I'm having problems getting the Mouse events to fire. Is there a way of doing it?

thanks
Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Well as you found you can render a title bar differently but you can't really insert a different title bar altogether.

Also it's not really possible at this time to insert custom buttons. You would maybe be able to use our various IUIElement interfaces to inject custom elements, but due to the dynamic nature of how tool window containers are created and destroyed, there isn't really a good point at which to execute this sort of thing.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by Simon C
Is there a way of hosting an undocked ToolWindow in your own form, so I can specify that it should have maximize/minimize buttons on it?
Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Simon,

Unfortunately there isn't a way to do that right now.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.