Cloning a document...

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Robert Conde - Senior Systems Engineer, a.i. solutions
I would like to be able to clone a document. That is, the text in the document along with the undo/redo stack etc. Is this currently possible? If not, could you add it?

Robert Conde
a.i. solutions

Robert Conde

Comments (4)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Sorry but that isn't currently possible. I can add it to the TODO list for you.

Actipro Software Support

Without making any commitments - is it a complicated issue? In other words, is there any chance of making it into an upcoming release? Just trying to plan...

Robert Conde

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Well it might be... it would involve writing a lot of recursive cloning code which would probably be somewhat time consuming and we have a lot of higher priority items. If this is something you would need immediately we can have you contract us to implement it. E-mail us if that is an option you would like to pursue.

But also can you describe what you need this for and also what other parts you need to clone other than the undo history?

Actipro Software Support

To simplify a bit - we have a list of actions that can occur in our system. Basically add item, edit item, delete item, etc. One of the items is script which is contained in an actipro Document. To implement undo/redo in our system I need to be able to roll the state of the Document (including the undo/redo stack) back to a previously cached state. When they roll back to that state - pressing ctrl+z should do exactly what it would have done when they were intially at that state. The best way I can think of doing this is by cloning the Document. I think all we would strictly NEED is the undo/redo stack. But indicators, outlining state, etc would probably be nice too.

I'll email you about this.

Robert Conde

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.