HTML Syntax when loading from database (problem with sub-xml files)

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 10 years ago by Mike Griffin - Chier Technology Officer, Phurion, LLC
Version: 13.1.0311

The ActiproSoftware.HTML.xml file references other "XML" files such as 

<StateTransition Filename="ActiproSoftware.VBScript.xml" ChildLanguageBackColor="WhiteSmoke">
	<ExplicitPatternGroup TokenKey="EndTagStartToken" Style="TagDelimiterStyle" PatternValue="&lt;/" LookAhead="script" />
</StateTransition>

And I assume if I was loading my xml files from disk and had these other files such as ActiproSoftware.VBScript.xml in the same folder all would be well, but in my case I am loading them from the database and use the Stream Loading methods to load the syntax xml files. How can I handle this situation?

[Modified 10 years ago]

Comments (1)

Answer - Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Mike,

You would have two options in this case.

1) Load the HTML file from the file system and then save it back out to another file.  This will create a new XML file that contains all the child languages merged into it.  Then you can use that to stream load in your app instead.

OR

2) Remove the transitions from the HTML language definition.  Stream load the HTML, VBScript, etc. languages separately.  Then programmatically add back in the state transitions to the loaded HTML language's object model.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.