RibbonWindow not closing when double-clicking system menu

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 10 years ago by Stefan Heer
Version: 13.2.0591
Platform: .NET 4.5
Environment: Windows 7 (64-bit)

For a ribbon application double-clicking on the small application icon (system menu/left top border) should close the application. But instead the application is maximized. Also clicking with the left mouse button should show the system menu but does nothing.

[Modified 10 years ago]

Comments (7)

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Stefan,

I'm trying to reproduce this but am not seeing it happen.  When I run any of our samples with a RibbonWindow, I can left click the icon to see the system menu and can double-click it to close the window.  Which sample of ours do you see this happening on?

Actipro Software Support

ok - I tried to reproduce the behavior with our application on another machine with Win8.1/Pro/US and in a VirtualBox with Win7-64/Ultimate/US. For both it works ok.
Only on my Win7-64/Ultimate/German machine (with English UI) it fails for EVERY Actipro application where the RibbonWindow is involved (Using any external ribbon application from your sample browser or our own ribbon-based application). BUT on that same machine for all other applications (MS Office, Explorer, Firefox...) the system menu works as expected!
So only your ribbon seems to have a problem with my developer machine or with the German version of Win7. Any ideas so far?

That's really bizarre... I don't know why it would have problems on a German machine since that doesn't even affect flow direction or anything.  If you change some culture settings on your "Win8.1/Pro/US" (working) machine, are you able to repro it there then?  If so, which settings?

Actipro Software Support

I did some quick tests on different machines (all have 64bit OS):

Win 8.0 German with German display is ok.
Win 8.1 US (Eval) is ok for English and German display languages.

But I can reproduce the problem on my own and on a co-worker's machine (both with German Win7). One of these machine has the regular German display language set, the other has English as display language.

The problem seems to be limited to non-US (or even German) Windows 7 machines, no matter what the display language is.

Perhaps someone who also has a non-US language version of Win7-64 can confirm this?

Hi Stefan,

I'm really not sure how the display language could really affect whether the system icon button is hit tested properly.  Do you see the same issue on a regular Window that has our Themes' WindowChrome applied?  Note that WindowChrome uses the same kind of Window theming that RibbonWindow does, but RibbonWindow has a slightly altered template from WindowChrome.

I tried reproing this in Windows 7 US but couldn't.  Can you repro it in Windows 7 US when you have a German display language active?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 years ago by P. O. - Inosoft GmbH

Same here with 13.2.0591.

On my Windows 7 machine, the ApplicationIcon does not react to double or single clicks. It's completely dead.

On Windows 8 your sample applications run fine.

Hello,

I can repro it in that older 2013.2 build (when Aero glass is active) but can't in the later 2014.1 builds.  Please try to upgrade to the newer version since it appears that bug was already fixed.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.