Posted 10 years ago by Ken Howe
Version: 12.1.0312

Hi,

I have a license for SyntaxEditor v4 which I’ve been using for a few years in one of my products.I’ve used the Lexers included to display colour coded Language syntax in a read only mode using the Document.LoadLanguageFromXml on the SyntaxEditor.

I'm adding a new feature and need to parse Javascript files to identify where each Function starts/ends. I only display readonly so I'm not dynamicaly editing the .js file so I only need to parse it once and get the locations and I'm not worried about dynamic changes.

I'm not sure if I need to purchase the SyntaxEditor Web Languages Add-on to get this working or I can use the same ActiproSoftware.JScript.xml Lexer to parse the Javascript?

If I need the Add-on can I get the version that goes with my old v4.0282 editor or would I have to upgrade the Editor? (I'd rather not as I dont want to spend the time upgrading to a new version)

Or is there a way of using a different feature to give me the location of the functions in the file?

Many thanks

-- Ken

Comments (1)

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Ken,

While our  WPF, Silverlight, and WinRT variations (which all share a common SyntaxEditor codebase) of the Web Languages Add-on all have a more advanced JavaScript syntax language implementation that has parsing into an AST, unfortunately the WinForms version doesn't have that.

In the WinForms version, you'd have to find a third party parser (or write one yourself) and plug it into the semantic parsing portion of your dynamic Language for JavaScript.  We can help you with that if you can't figure it out, once you find a third party parser.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.