Changing the gauge value only when releasing the dragged needle or pointer

Gauge for WPF Forum

Posted 10 years ago by 7Alpha7
Version: 13.2.0592

Hello,

the question is in the title... I have an interactive gauge and the value is changing while I drag the pointer. This is good, but the gauge is also snapped enabled on many many values since the snapping intervall is tiny. So, for performance reason, and since my gauge ValueChanged event is subscribed to,  I'd like to see the value change ony when the pointer is released by the mouse.

Is there a simple mean to do so with the Actipro framework or have I some work to do ?

Thanks.

Comments (3)

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

What if you bind to the pointer's ThrottledValue instead of Value?  ThrottledValue gets updated only after the RefreshRate expires following a Value change.  So it sounds like that might be something you'd want to take advantage of for your performance-intensive updates.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 years ago by 7Alpha7

It does not soud good. This is an interactive gauge so only the UI might change the value. I guess it's better to disable the ValueChanged event between a MouseDown and a MouseUp if it's possible to handle this properly.

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Yes then disabling your ValueChanged logic during mouse down/up events would be one way to handle it.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.