WPF WebBrowser problems

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 10 years ago by Mariano Spiegelberg
Version: 13.2.0592

Hi,

I implemented an ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.Docking.ToolWindow with an self created user control which uses the System. Windows.Controls.WebBrowser to show html content.

But as you know there're problems if I dock this toolwindow. The content is rendered out of the borders of my docked window.

How can I prevent that ?

Are there workarounds, e.g. resize the window before resizing ( e.g. in OnStateChanged ) ?

I try this, but

1. I don't know where I get the correct docked window size of my toolwindow and 

2. the Height and the Width values are NaN ?!?!?

I hope you can help....

Cheers,

M

[Modified 10 years ago]

Comments (2)

Posted 10 years ago by Mariano Spiegelberg

Solved... my problem was, that my user control had a MinHeight and a MinWidth. This leads to that render bug. No we don't have this min size defined in our control ... and it works....

Cheers,

M

Answer - Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Mariano,

I'm glad you sorted out the issue.  The weird rendering is related to the WPF / interop controls airspace issue where any interop (WinForms, ActiveX, etc.) content always renders on top of WPF content in the same WPF Window.

You may already know but we have some special settings you can apply to work around the airspace issues.  Please check out this topic in the Docking/MDI documentation for details:

"Interoperability / WinForms Compatibility"

Even though it says WinForms in the title, the same thing applies to any interop controls and you should be doing those things too if you use WebBrowser.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.