Install Help Needed

CodeHighlighter for ASP.NET Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Kevin Wood
Version: 4.0.44
I downloaded CodeHighlighter v4.0.44 and am using it with VS Web Developer Express in a C# web project.

I've set a project reference to ActiproSoftware.CodeHightlighter.Net20.dll and verified that it created a bin directory and copied all of the files locally.

I then added the following to the web.config (copy paste from the sample project):
<configSections>
<section name="codeHighlighter" requirePermission="false" type="ActiproSoftware.CodeHighlighter.CodeHighlighterConfigurationSectionHandler, ActiproSoftware.CodeHighlighter.Net20" />
</configSections>

I copied the codeHighlighter section from the sample as well and I get the following message when I build:
Message 1 Could not find schema information for the element 'codeHighlighter'. C:\Work\MyPersonalSiteTest\web.config 39 4 C:\Work\MyPersonalSiteTest\

After reviewing the documentation and the forum, I'm still stumped. What am I doing wrong here?

Comments (1)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hmmm, I'm not sure. It sounds like you did it right. And it works fine in our sample right?

Maybe try specifying the full assembly info (version, public key, etc.) and if that doesn't work try Googling this error message to see if anyone has any hints on what could cause it.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v4.0.59) was released 13 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.