Posted 15 years ago by shark92651
I get errors that types in ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor are "not CLS-Compliant" when I use them as public members - SyntaxLanguage, for instance. This is a bit of a concern because I must now mark MY assembly as non-CLS-Compliant. Or am I missing something here?

Thanks,
David

Comments (4)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
I'm not sure what would cause that. It is completely written in C# and compiled in VS.NET. Is there a way that you know of to determine what would cause that?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by shark92651
You can still create non CLS-Compliant code in C#. For instance, having 2 public members whose names only differ in case would cause it to be non-compliant (because VB.Net for instance does not support case-sensitive identifiers). Check the AssemblyInfo.cs file for the following attribute:

[assembly:CLSCompliant(true)]

Here is one of the errors I get when I try to include SemanticCSharpParser class into my assembly:

Argument type 'ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.TokenStream' is not CLS-compliant

Here is what the help says about the error

Argument type 'type' is not CLS-compliant
A public, protected, or protected internal method must accept a parameter whose type is compliant with the Common Language Specification (CLS).
The following sample generates CS3001:
// CS3001.cs
[assembly:System.CLSCompliant(true)]

public class a
{
public void bad(ushort i) // CS3001
{
}

private void OK(ushort i) // OK, private method
{
}

public static void Main()
{
}
}
We had not been including that attribute since it wasn't part of the default attribute set in AssemblyInfo.cs. I'll try and get that added for a future release and will let you know if I need more information from you. Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

The next release of SyntaxEditor is now CLS-compliant.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v2018.1 build 0342) was released 11 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.