Actipro website has issues with Firefox

Actipro Software Web Site Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Colin Blakey - Application Development Manager, Vertex Inc
I'm using the new website from Firefox 2.0.0.2 and the menus appear to have a glitch. On the main page they appear off to the left of where they should (and a couple of other pages display this issue) whereas on the My Account page they drop down correctly from below the fixed menu item. I use Firefox on my main dev machine which is Windows Server 2003, IE being next to useless due to the heavy restrictions placed on it. The old site worked without issues.

As a side note I have tested this with IE and FireFox (same version as on the dev machine) on my XP laptop and it is fine. So it's a bit of a strange one.

Thanks

Colin Blakey

Comments (2)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Colin,

It's working fine on every test we're doing here. We're wondering if perhaps the javascript file for the menus (which was changed for the site update) is cached on your machine. So what we just did is rename it to a different filename. Can you let us know if that helps fix the issue?

It would make sense that you might seem some misalignment if your browser was pulling in the old menu javascript file.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by Colin Blakey - Application Development Manager, Vertex Inc
That looks like it did the trick.

Thanks!

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.