Parser generator & IsNonTerminal

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Nik Verkhovtseff
Version: 4.0.0243
Hi,

I use Parser Generator to create semantic parser and use TokenCondition in some non-termainals, e.g.:

<NonTerminal Key="TestNonTerminal">
    <AdditionalConditions>
        <TokenCondition>TokenOption2</TokenCondition>
    </AdditionalConditions>
    <Production><![CDATA[
    ]]></Production>
</NonTerminal>
I notice that Parser Generator generates different C# code for IsNonTerminal("TestNonTerminal") and for "TestNonTerminal" inside Production tags - it seems that tokens from AdditionalConditions is not included in MultiMatchSets for code that's generated for IsNonTerminal. Is it defect or I misunderstand a TokenCondition?

Thanks,
Nik

Comments (4)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Thanks this bug is now fixed for the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Adam Dickinson
Version 4.0.246

I have a similar problem, but with conditions in Production code and MultiMatchSets.

<NonTerminal Key="NativeDataType" Parameters="out Identifier id, bool allowSpecialDatatype">
            <Production><![CDATA[
                <%
                    id = null;
                %>
                (
                    'BOOL'
                    |
                    'FLOAT'
                    |
                    'INT'
                    |
                    'VECTOR'
                    |
                    'STRING'
                    |
                    <? allowSpecialDatatype ?>
                    'SpecialDatatype'                
                )
                <% 
                    id = new Identifier( this.TokenText, this.Token.TextRange );
                %>
            ]]></Production>
        </NonTerminal>
When the multi-match set is generated, only BOOL, FLOAT, INT, VECTOR, and STRING are in it, never SpecialDatatype. This means in cases where I allow the semantic parser to look for SpecialDatatype, it will never be found because this Non-Terminal's pre-condition fails when it checks its multi-match set. Is this on purpose or is it also a bug?

I can fix this situation myself by removing the "allowSpecialDatatype" first-set condition, reading SpecialDatatype, then deciding whether to add a syntax error based on the value of "allowSpecialDatatype". Then I just have to make sure that SpecialDatatype doesn't exist in any other Non-Terminal pre-conditions because, as you know, the Grammar Designer will error out if the same Terminal is found more than once inside the same Non-Terminal's Production code/pre-conditions.
Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
In your case you probably want to add an expression additional condition that perhaps calls a method to first check allowSpecialDatatype and if true, then sees if the next token is a SpecialDatatype. That additional condition should be propagated up as part of the first set then.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Adam Dickinson
I see, thank you!
The latest build of this product (v2018.1 build 0341) was released 10 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.