using SemanticParserService with multiple threads ?

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Nick
Version: 4.0.0234
Hi,

In short - my question is whether it is possible to make the SemanticParserService parse multiple documents simultaneously using multiple threads ?
As I understand - it is using a single worker thread, which processes the requests one after the other.

backgound for my question:
In my project I load a large number of documents and parse all of them.
then I analyze all the ASTs and build a combined object model.
This is similar to what happens when you load a C# solution in the visual studio and get the class view of the entire solution.

The problem is that parsing all the documents takes a lot of time and I think that parsing them simultaneously (in multiple threads) might speed up things a litte (or maybe a lot...).

Thanks

Comments (1)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Nick,

You are correct, it currently is using a single thread although the thread queue is prioritized. So if you load up your project documents with it, make sure you use the lowest priority setting for those so that they don't interfere with the editor's parsing requests. Perhaps adding more threads is something we could do in the future.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.