SyntaxLanguageTypeName attribute

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Ali
Version: 4.0.0246
Hi,

Before, jumping straight into my problem, I would like to make sure that if i have understood right.

My question is about the SyntaxLanguage tag used in the XML language definition files. As I have learned that there is a attribute on the SyntaxLanguage tag in the XML definition named SyntaxLanguageTypeName that lets you select a different Type for the language. Therefore you can select to use any language class that inherits DynamicSyntaxLanguage, such as the DynamicOutliningSyntaxLanguage class.

For instance, a C# language might implement automatic outlining code in a class named CSharpDynamicSyntaxLanguage that should be used when loading the dynamic C# language XML definition. And, this would be specified in the SyntaxLanguage tag with attribute SyntaxLanguageTypeName as:

<SyntaxLanguage Key="C#" LanguageDefinitionVersion="4.0" Secure="True" WordContainsAdditionalCharacters="@_"
SyntaxLanguageTypeName="TestApplication.CSharpDynamicSyntaxLanguage, TestApplication"
xmlns="http://ActiproSoftware/SyntaxEditor/4.0/LanguageDefinition">
</SyntaxLanguage>

Now, i would discuss about my problem, and that is How one would specify the SyntaxLanguageTypeName attribute with value, if one has code behind class developed in C++/CLI project.

I tried this:
<SyntaxLanguage Key="XML" LanguageDefinitionVersion="4.0" Secure="True"
SyntaxLanguageTypeName="TestControl::XMLDynamicSyntaxLanguage, TestControl"
xmlns="http://ActiproSoftware/SyntaxEditor/4.0/LanguageDefinition">
</SyntaxLanguage>

but it didnt work. Can you guide me how to achieve this in C++/CLI project?

Best Regards

Mustansar

Comments (1)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Try keeping the same non-C++ syntax for the assembly/type specification. So if your namespace/type is TestControl::XMLDynamicSyntaxLanguage and the containing assembly is TestControl, do this instead:
TestControl.XMLDynamicSyntaxLanguage, TestControl

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.