Breaking changes from v3 to v4

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Christopher Evans
It seems like MUCH of the code I wrote to support my use of v3 will not compile under v4 because interfaces/designs in v3 have been deprecated/changed.

Can anyone point me to or provide a list of deprecated functionality along with the v4 equivalent, if any.

2 examples of the deprecated functionality are “e.Language.SemanticParser” in the following context:

private void editor_DocumentSyntaxLanguageLoading(object sender, ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.SyntaxLanguageEventArgs e)
{
e.Language.SemanticParser = new SemanticJScriptParser();

And:

public class SemanticJScriptParser : ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.SemanticDefaultParser

“ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.SemanticDefaultParser” seems no longer to exist.

[Modified at 03/19/2007 11:55 AM]

Comments (1)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Christopher,

Yes unfortunately when going to v4 we had to make changes in certain areas to support the new functionality. But we did a good job of documenting everything.

The Release History item for v4.0 in the Readme has a very detailed list of all changes and in many cases tells you what things were renamed to, etc. Also the documentation has a help topic on converting from v3 to v4 and it has a lot of good high level info and techniques to follow. Use both those as a guide.

They should answer your question here too.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.