can't seem to get '?' and '$' to work for start/end tags

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 20 years ago by SamWare
i'm having trouble getting the syntax editor to recognize '?' and '$' for start/end tags.

i've tried every patternvalue i can think of to get '?' to work. ("<?", "<\?", "<\063") i've also encountered the same trouble with '$'.

anybody have any ideas what i'm doing wrong? i've included my "Nested PHP" code into this post. if i change the start & end tags to "<<<" & ">>>", everything works fine.. but that's obviously not acceptable.

NOTE: the forum is turning my HTML code for "<" and ">" into the actual characters.

<!-- Nested PHP Code Block -->
<State Key="PHP_Directive_Code_State" Filename="PHP.xml" ChildLanguageBackColor="WhiteSmoke">
<!-- Scopes -->
<Scopes>
<Scope>
<ExplicitPatternGroup Type="StartScope" Token="PHP_Start_Token" Style="PHP_Style" PatternValue="<\063" />
<ExplicitPatternGroup Type="EndScope" Token="PHP_End_Token" Style="PHP_Style" PatternValue="\063>" />
</Scope>
</Scopes>
</State>

[ 09-27-2004: Message edited by: SamWare ]

Comments (3)

Posted 20 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Check out our HTML sample language def. It has a ProcessingInstructionState which is very similar to what you're trying to do.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 20 years ago by SamWare
doh! that's why it wouldn't work. "ProcessingInstructionState" was declared using "<?" and "?>".

i'm sorry, i thought i already checked the file for "<?" before adding my PHP tags.
Posted 20 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
No problem... glad you got it working.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.