About LANGUAGES [SCRIPTING]

Code Writer App Suggestions and Support Forum

Posted 10 years ago by Nicholas J. Phillips

This is one AMAZING application for the Surface RT but I do coding in different formatted languages!

I would like to know if someone could put a feature into the application that would be like NOTEPAD++ that allows you to define your OWN language!

This would be very useful to me!

Thank you for taking your time to read this IDEA!

Comments (5)

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Nicholas,

What sort of features are you looking to have for your custom language?  Please be as specific as possible in your reply.  Thanks for the suggestion!

Actipro Software Support

Yes Exactly what feature I am looking for! See I work with my own scripting languages for different things like websites, games, and plain hard work!

(I love this APP for SURFACE RT but I can't get NOTEPAD++ which has this feature!)

Examples of commands, or context:

• alias
  • retry
  • ip
  • hostname
  • host_timescale

Thank you for your time!

[Modified 10 years ago]

Answer - Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Well I mean which file type features would you use?  Is just basic syntax highlighting enough or are you looking for more?

Actipro Software Support

Yes! I can be JUST fine with the syntax highliting!

[Modified 10 years ago]

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Ok we will log the suggestion.  Anything more than the syntax highlighting is tricky because beyond that requires programming code and Windows Store apps don't let you load custom code or assemblies at run-time.  Microsoft blocks that to prevent any security issues.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v4.2.42) was released 3 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.