Selection After Replace all and undo is a little off

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 10 years ago by Peter MacNeil
Version: 14.1.0601

Hello,

I'm using the SyntaxEditor with the EditorSearchView. Currently I have version 2013.2 build 0591.

The problem is that the selection behaviour is a little unexpected after an undo following a Replace All.

Here are the steps:

1. In the editor put just three words of your choosing such as "camel camel camel"

2. Select the second word (just double click it).

3. In the EditorSearchView do a Replace All replacing "camel" with "dromedary". (I think the replace with text needs to be more characters than the find what)

4. Ctrl-z (undo)

Notice the selection includes the second word plus part of the third word.

I'm not certain what should happen but this looks a bit odd and is disturbing our customers.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Comments (2)

Answer - Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Peter,

Thanks for reporting this.  We will make some alterations to our internal code to allow for proper restoration of the selection upon undo of a Replace All via EditorSearchView.  Right now the "source" (view) of the resulting text change isn't being tracked for Replace All.  That's why this wasn't kicking in.  But it looks like a couple other minor adjustments might be needed too.  These updates will be in the next 2014.1 maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 years ago by Peter MacNeil

That sounds like a fine answer to me. I'll be looking forward to the next release!

Thank you for the quick reply.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.