Selection After Replace all and undo is a little off

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 6 years ago by Peter MacNeil
Version: 14.1.0601

Hello,

I'm using the SyntaxEditor with the EditorSearchView. Currently I have version 2013.2 build 0591.

The problem is that the selection behaviour is a little unexpected after an undo following a Replace All.

Here are the steps:

1. In the editor put just three words of your choosing such as "camel camel camel"

2. Select the second word (just double click it).

3. In the EditorSearchView do a Replace All replacing "camel" with "dromedary". (I think the replace with text needs to be more characters than the find what)

4. Ctrl-z (undo)

Notice the selection includes the second word plus part of the third word.

I'm not certain what should happen but this looks a bit odd and is disturbing our customers.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Comments (2)

Answer - Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Peter,

Thanks for reporting this.  We will make some alterations to our internal code to allow for proper restoration of the selection upon undo of a Replace All via EditorSearchView.  Right now the "source" (view) of the resulting text change isn't being tracked for Replace All.  That's why this wasn't kicking in.  But it looks like a couple other minor adjustments might be needed too.  These updates will be in the next 2014.1 maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 6 years ago by Peter MacNeil

That sounds like a fine answer to me. I'll be looking forward to the next release!

Thank you for the quick reply.

The latest build of this product (v2019.1 build 0683) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.