Expand/collapse triangle size vs touch screens question

Grids for WPF Forum

Posted 10 years ago by David Bagby - Calypso Ventures, Inc.
Version: 14.1.0601

Hi,

I'm using the property grid in an app that works with a touch screen. I'm gettign feedback that the triangle control that expands or collapses the grid is a bit small to be easily used via the touch screen. 

My users have requested that they would like to be able to expand/collapse the section by touching the category title area. So I was thinking of capturing the click event for the PropertyGridCategoryItem DIsplayName and calling the method for the triangle.

Could you point me to the name of the method that the triangle invokes?

Or perhaps you have a suggestion as to a better way to do this?

Dave

Comments (1)

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi David,

Since you have WPF Studio, you can download the default styles/templates from your account.  You'd want to look at the PropertyGrid.xaml file for the default PropertyGridDataAccessorItem.  Then clone it to an implicit style in your App.Resources.  For the part that sets the template for category items, I believe you'd want to extend the TreeListViewToggleButton over the entire header. 

You might need to retemplate that button too since by default it just renders the triangle and isn't meant to cover more area than that.  So its default style could have display issues when stretching it over the entire control width.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.