Triggering MemberList as a result of a CompleteWord

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Nick
Version: 4.0.0234
Hello,

I have the following issue with the IntelliPrompt MemberList:

In some scenario, after selecting an option from a MemberList, I want a new MemebrList to appear immidiately after the AutoComplet of the previous word.

for example, my first MemberList includes an item with the text 'extends=""' and after selecting it, I want another MemberList to appear, with possible words to be placed inside the quotes.

note that the autoCompletePreText is 'extends="' and autoCompletePostText is '"', so the caret is placed inside the quotes after the AutoComplete.

I managed to trigger the second MemberList by overriding OnDocumentTextChanged and testing for (e.Modification.Type == DocumentModificationType.AutoComplete), however, at that point, the caret is after the closing quote and not between the quotes as I expected (i get the caret position using syntaxEditor.Caret.Offset).

I guess that OnDocumentTextChanged is called before the caret is moved back to the correct position (between the quotes).

Do you have a suggestion how I can resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Comments (1)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Nick,

Actually in the latest maintennace release in the tech preview of the XML add-on, we do the same feature. When an attribute is inserted, we then look for facets (values) to show immediately.

We accomplish this by handling the IntelliPromptMemberListClosed event and if Cancel is false (meaning something inserted), we show the new member list.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.