Nested PopupButton Content wont show

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 10 years ago by Clint David
Version: 14.1.0602

Hi,

I am trying to build a control using the PopupButton and i want the PopupContent to be multilevel. Here is a sample code:

<controls:PopupButton Height="22" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Width="100" Margin="0,5,5,5" DisplayMode="Merged" IsRounded="False" StaysOpen="False">
<controls:PopupButton.PopupContent>
<ribbon:Menu>
<ribbon:Separator Label="Font Properties" />
<MenuItem Style="{StaticResource Test}" Header="Level 1">
<MenuItem Header="Level 2 (this is not showing)" />
</MenuItem>
</ribbon:Menu>
</controls:PopupButton.PopupContent>
</controls:PopupButton>

There are other requiremnts for this but i am stucked getting this part work.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Comments (4)

Answer - Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Clint,

That won't work since you need to use ribbon:Button, ribbon:PopupButton, ribbon:SplitButton, and ribbon:Separator controls in a ribbon:Menu instead of native WPF MenuItems.  If you switch to those controls instead, they will render like menu items.

Actipro Software Support

Yeah I tried that one already. My problem with that is you can only set the "Label" property which takes only a String object type. I need it to be a Content object because I need it dynamically change it to a value which is not always a String based on the selected value on the submenu.

How can i attach a screenshot of my requirement here?

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Clint,

That is correct, the ribbon menu items require a text string.  I would recommend you possibly bind their Label with a value converter that can convert your real object values to an appropriate string.

I don't think native MenuItems can be used in random popups.  They have to be hosted within a native Menu or ContextMenu directly to work properly.

You can add any other control though in the popup content, just be sure you do it outside of the ribbon:Menu.  Perhaps you could make a custom templated button to achieve the look you want and inject it that way.

Actipro Software Support

I suppose i'll just create a new template for my case and change my design a bit. i'll probably utilize the icon column for the dynamic part by writing a code that creates a bitmap from controls.

Thanks, glad to have this clarified. Time to move on :)

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.