Custom TypeConverter is not called when setting SelectedObject

Grids for WPF Forum

Posted 10 years ago by Doug Witt - Woodward
Version: 14.2.0610

I am converting a .NET WinForms application to WPF.  I purchased the Actipro WPF PropertyGrid to replace the .NET WinForms PropertyGrid.  I use custom type converters on my objects that I display in the PropertyGrid.  These work with the .NET WinForms PropertyGrid.

When I set the SelectedObject on the WPF PropertyGrid, none of the methods of the TypeConverter are called.  I have overridden GetPropertiesSupported, GetProperties, GetCreateInstanceSupported, CreateInstance, CanConvertFrom and ConvertFrom.  None of them are called.  What am I doing wrong?

Comments (2)

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Doug,

I would think that the custom type converter would get called as long as you are using a TypeDescriptorFactory as your PropertyGrid.Factory.  Can you check into that?

If that doesn't help and you aren't making any progress, please make a new simple sample project that shows the issue and email that to our support address.  Reference this thread and rename the .zip file extension so it doesn't get spam blocked.  Then we'll have a look at it and see what's going on.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 years ago by Doug Witt - Woodward

I sent a sample project to you.  If I put break points in any of the methods in the CustomTypeConverter, none of them are called.  I explicitly set the PropertyGrid.DataFactory to TypeDescriptorFactory and it made no difference.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.