Auto-hidden tab size

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 10 years ago by Chris Carter
Version: 14.2.0610

I'm using the Docking & MDI feature on a touchscreen, and the tabs are too small to easily tap. What's the simplest way to make them larger? I've been fiddling with a supposed solution involving Style, DataTemplate, and TextBlock elements; while that did make the tabs larger, it also made the text disappear. And anyhow, I feel like this should be an attribute, not its own element heirarchy.

Comments (7)

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Chris,

You might be able to make an implicit Style that targets AutoHideTabItem and set its Padding to something larger.  Right now it defaults to 2.  Maybe make it "10,4"?  See if that helps.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 years ago by Chris Carter

Aha! Apologies for that actually being a WPF question; I'm still catching up with the tools for this project.

The client and I are both given to Fat Finger Syndome, so I made them 20, 8... and the DocumentWindows might be getting that treatment as well.

Many thanks.

Posted 4 years ago by rex hui

Is there a way to set the minimum width instead of having a fixed padding?

Sort of similar to the TabbedMdiContainer.MinTabExtent?

Posted 4 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Rex,

You would like to see AutoHideTabItem.MinExtent and MaxExtent properties added, that would effectively set MinWidth/MaxWidth or MinHeight/MaxHeight based on orientation?  There is nothing like that now.

Actipro Software Support

Yes, that would be great. Thank you!

Posted 4 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Rex,

Actually you can just make a Style that targets AutoHideTabItem now and use Setters on the MinWidth and MaxWidth properties.  The vertical (left/right) tabs actually just rotate the layout so the Min/MaxWidth work for all tab placements.  That should work in the current version.

Actipro Software Support

You are right. That does work already. Thank you very much!

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.