Null reference errors in the designer

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 9 years ago by James Sconfitto - Exele Information Systems, Inc.
Version: 14.1.0321
Platform: .NET 4.5
Environment: Windows 8 (64-bit)

i'm having an issue with the Docking controls, which i'm about 15 days into evaluating. i was wondering if there's something wrong here or if i did something.

Here's the issue i'm seeing:

1. Hide Call Stack

at ActiproSoftware.UIStudio.Dock.DockManager.EndInitialization()
at ActiproSoftware.UIStudio.Dock.Design.DockManagerDesigner.#Xcf(Object #xhb, EventArgs #yhb)
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.DesignerHost.OnLoadComplete(EventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.DesignerHost.System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.IDesignerLoaderHost.EndLoad(String rootClassName, Boolean successful, ICollection errorCollection)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.BasicDesignerLoader.OnEndLoad(Boolean successful, ICollection errors)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomDesignerLoader.OnEndLoad(Boolean successful, ICollection errors)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.BasicDesignerLoader.System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.IDesignerLoaderService.DependentLoadComplete(Boolean successful, ICollection errorCollection)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.BasicDesignerLoader.BeginLoad(IDesignerLoaderHost host)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.DesignerHost.BeginLoad(DesignerLoader loader)

i see this issue after making a ToolWindow dock-able in the designer after it has been running in Auto-Hide.

i may have made a bad merge of a resx file or the designer, but before tweaking this property, everything builds, displays, and runs correctly.

Any ideas?

[Modified 9 years ago]

Comments (3)

Here's a photo that i tried to upload earlier, but forgot to hide some things:

Exception message

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi James,

We tried to repro it here but were unable to.  That being said, we went through EndInitialization and added several null checks so that those will hopefully help prevent against this scenario for you in the future.  The updates will be in the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

Thanks for the quick response. I'm wondering what I did to get this error. I probably could look into the disassembly, but I haven't bothered.

If I find out more information, I'll put it up here and maybe we can track it down, but I hope it will just go away with the next release.

Overall, I'm very happy with this control, we'll be picking it up soon :)

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.