How to display two series with different timeframe in an XYChart?

Charts for WPF Forum

Posted 9 years ago by Irene Aquino
Version: 14.2.0610

Hi,

Im developing an XYChart that initially displays one series in a 10-minute timeframe. When the series reaches the maximum of my timeframe, I'd like it to freeze in the chart and wait for the next series to start, like in a sweeping ECG chart.When the next series start, it will sweep the old series in the chart and it will also update the old tick labels of the old series as it passes through the ticks.

What my current framework does is it refreshes the chart when the series reaches the Maximum timeframe, then updates the minimum and maximum to the next 10 minutes, then the series starts again at leftmost of the chart. What I would like to know is, is it possible to like freeze the old series in the chart? and how? So I can create a new series that sweeps through it.

Comments (2)

Answer - Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Irene,

We haven't tried that sort of thing before and it may be tricky.  My guess is that you would need to have two series at any given time, each with a different x-axis.  The primary (current) series would show from the current data and have ticks/labels, etc. on its axis.  The secondary (previous) series would be a clone of the previous timeframe's data with the same Minimum/Maximum it used to have and using the second x-axis.  It would probably want to have ticks/labels turned off.  Then you also would likely need to somehow trim data points off of the front of that previous series data as the current series data gets new data added so that there is no overlap.  That concept might get you what you are trying to do, assuming all your timeframe intervals remain the same.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 9 years ago by Irene Aquino

Using two series in a different x-axis worked for me! Also just did little tweak in series' interval :) Thanks a lot!!

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.