UserControl With popup inside toolwindow

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 9 years ago by michael
Version: 14.2.0611

Hello,

I've got a DockSite with a toolwindow.

the toolwindows is docked.

i put my mouse hover the toolwindow and it's now floating (but still docked)

in this toolwindow, there is my UserControl wich is a "togglebutton", when i click on, a popup open.

When the UserControl popup will have the focus, the toolwindow will close and my UserControl popup too.

How can i make the toolwindows stayopen when i am on my usercontrol popup ?

Thank you for your help. 

Comments (4)

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Michael,

When you show an auto-hide flyout with mouse hover, focus is not moved into the flyout.  Thus, if you move your mouse outside of the flyout, and the flyout or its hierarchy still doesn't have focus, the flyout will close.  On the other hand, if you click (instead of hover over) the tab to show the flyout, focus is moved into the flyout, so it will ignore the mouse.

If everything works fine when you click the tab and then click your button, I would recommend that on clicking your button, you focus it before showing the popup.  That then should get it working for mouse hover over the tab.

Actipro Software Support

I didn't well explain you my problem, sorry : 

I would say : 

==> I click the auto-hide toolwindow and it's now floating (but still docked)

instead 

i put my mouse hover the toolwindow and it's now floating (but still docked)

So, you propose to Activate the toolwindow on click on my usercontrol ? If i do that, my UserControl popup will not have the focus anymore (and close).

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Michael,

Perhaps it would be best if you make a new simple sample project that shows the issue and email it to our support address so that we can debug it and see what's going on.  Please keep the project as simple as possible, include repro steps, reference this thread, and rename the .zip file extension so it doesn't get spam blocked.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

I do it thanks :-)

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 22 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.