Editors for unsigned values

Editors for WPF Forum

Posted 9 years ago by Manuel Eisenschink - Twisted Arts
Version: 14.2.0611

Hello,

I'm currently working on some sort of special editor which allows direct manipulation of values (properties, fields). It is possible that I have data types like ushort or uint. Is there any control that allows editing these unsigned types?

The main problem is just, that I have a higher MaxValue than for signed data types, so I can't use them with the standard edit boxes. Possible would be using a higher value box, like Int64EditBox for UInt32, but that wouldn't work for U64Int either.

Any suggestions? Could this be added in a future version? Or did I miss something?

Thanks in advance!

Comments (1)

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Manuel,

Sorry but we don't have unsigned versions of the editors.  As you brought up, I would in general suggest using the next larger signed version of the desired editor with a minimum value of 0.  But as noted, UInt64 is the one you can't truly do that with.  If your data type is a UInt64 but you don't expect values to ever surpass Int64.MaxValue, you could use the Int64EditBox there too though.

We will note the suggestion to add specific editors for these types.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.