Posted 9 years ago by Brandon Stecklein

I love Code Writer as a quick tool to use on my tablet, but on my desktop, I have to revert back to Notepad++.  I would love to use Code Writer on the desktop as well, but switching through open document tabs and accessing file/save functions is a bit more of a pain with keyboard/mouse.

My suggestion is to have the option of a condensed always-on toolbar at the top of the screen housing common functions (open/save etc), as well as your tabs for open documents.  This is particularly needed when using the app on Windows 10 preview in windowed mode where the swiping gestures are essentially impossible.  These changes could allow me to ditch Notepad++ and use Code Writer as my primary editor.

Comments (1)

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for the suggestion, we'll write it down.  I agree that changes will likely be needed to change how the app bars currently work and make the app more desktop friendly, especially once Windows 10 comes out.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v4.2.42) was released 3 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.