Working property grids separated to own window, now invisible.

Grids for WPF Forum

Posted 9 years ago by Chris Carter
Version: 14.2.0611

I have a window which has a few property grids in a flyout tab; I separated them into their own window, in a separate application. That window doesn't display my property grids either in design view or during runtime. It momentarily displayed them in design view, with a yellow triangle to indicate I should rebuild. When I did, the property grids disappeared again. I have no errors or warnings.

I don't see anything like a theme or other resource in the working application which I would need to copy over. I really hope this problem is as simple as it seems, but I can't find it. Help, please!

Comments (1)

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Chris,

Sorry but I'm not quite sure what would cause that.  The only reason a PropertyGrid would be invisible is either due to bad layout (perhaps from some panels you have it in cause it to be zero size), or a containing element is invisible, or you don't have it bound to any data (although in this case you should still at least see borders).  You shouldn't have to copy resources or anything as PropertyGrid works fine out of the box.

If you'd like us to take a look, please make a new simple sample project that shows the issue and send that to our support address so we can debug it.  Please reference this thread and rename the .zip file extension of what you send so that it doesn't get spam blocked.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 21 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.