EditorSearchView Customization

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 6 years ago by Scott Currie
Version: 14.2.0611

I have customized the EditorSearchView via a Control template.  This enables me (among other things) to replace the standard FindWhatTextBox with an editable ComboBox that contains a list of past search terms.  But we only want that list to be updated when the user actually searches - not just when something is typed in.

Since EditorSearchView does not provide an event when searches are performed, the simplest way to populate those search terms would be to create a command binding onFindNextCommand.  Unfortunately, neither my handler for Executed or PreviewExecuted is being called.  I suspect that the Actipro code is firing on preview and setting Handled to true.

What is the best way to proceed?  I can certainly put a click handler on the "find next" button in my control template, but that won't fire when I press "Enter" from the FindWhatTextBox.

To work around that, I could set the "find next" button to IsDefault=true.  But when I do that, FindNextCommand fires twice for each press of the enter key - once for the IsDefault button and once for the EditorSearchView keybinding that you guys setup.

I can certainly think of ways to work around this, but they all feel sloppy.  Do you have any recommendations?

Comments (2)

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Scott,

There is a SyntaxEditor.ViewSearch event that might be exactly what you need.  That fires anytime a search takes place.  Check that out and let us know if it helps.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 6 years ago by Scott Currie

This is what I was looking for.  Thanks!

The latest build of this product (v2020.1.1) was released 11 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.