Posted 9 years ago by matt2012
Version: 14.2.0611

Hello,

what is the easiest way to change a specific color in a theme.

For example: I like the theme "ThemeName.MetroLight".

In this theme there is used the a color blue for some controls (i.e. the Statusbar, selections, and so on).

I want to change all color items that has this "blue" into another color.

How can I do this?

I know about the tinting feature. But this method changes also other colors (e.g. the background of the toolbar)

Thank you!

Comments (1)

Answer - Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

Check out the "Themes / Reusable Assets" topic in the documentation.  That has a customizing section in it.

Also the Themes section of samples in our Sample Browser show a lot of customization of the built-in themes, so those are worth checking out too.  There is also a Theme Browser in there that shows the value of every asset for the current theme.  That's very handy if you want to do customization.

There are hundreds of resource assets in the themes and each one can be customized individually, but there isn't a way to just universally change blue colored assets unless you do tinting, which can have the side effect you saw.  The Tinting documentation talks about the ability to tint specific groups of assets.  But for more precise control, redefining individual brush assets would be best.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 21 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.