HwndHost DocumentWindow not rendering when docked

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 9 years ago by Bobby Anguelov
Version: 14.2.0611
Platform: .NET 4.5
Environment: Windows 8 (64-bit)

Hi,

I just moved from avalondock to actipro and am having trouble with one of my controls. I have a directX application that I am hosting inside of a HwndHost which is placed inside an usercontrol. This usercontrol is then placed inside a documentwindow and docked. The problem is that I dont see the hwndhost content when the control is docked.

If the documentwindow is rafted everything works as intended. I tried using the InteropFocusTracking behavior on the hwndhost but that doesnt change anything.

Any ideas what might be causing the issue?

Comments (3)

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Bobby,

HwndHost controls should work fine with our product, and I know we have many customers who use them.  What kind of root Window are you using?  Is it a pure Window or something else?  Also, have you applied one of our WindowChromes on it?  Try making sure you use a pure Window without any chrome and see if that gets it going.  I believe our WindowChrome will allow interop content fine, but it's a good place to start in case that is what's causing the problem  Let us know what you find..

If you can't figure it out, could you make a new simple sample project that shows this issue you're having, and email that to our support address?  Please reference this thread and rename the .zip file extension so it doesn't get spam blocked.

Actipro Software Support

It is a pure win32 window, no custom chrome or anything. What i'm doing is launching an exe, making the process a childwindow through C# interop calls and embedding the resulting hwnd into a hwndhost. This HwndHost is then set as the content for a contentcontrol inside my usercontrol.

As I mentioned, this does work once I raft the toolwindow but not if the tool window is docked. I will make a tiny demo project and send that to you tonight.

Sorry, I misunderstood your question. Yes, my root window did have a custom chrome applied to it, that was the problem. Using your window chrome fixed the issue! Thanks!

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.