Inconsistency between metro light and dark themes

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 9 years ago by Bobby Anguelov
Version: 14.2.0611

Hi,

I noticed a difference between the metro light and dark themes for the ribbon. In the light theme when the ribbon is minimized and you hover over a TabItem, only the tab text changes color. In the dark theme, the text change color but I also get the tab border's drawn (the top,left and right borders). This is rather ugly and I would like to get the same behavior as with the light theme (i.e. no borders being drawn).

This can be reproduced using your ribbonpad sample.

How can I go about achieving that?

Thanks in advance!

Comments (3)

Answer - Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Bobby,

Thanks for letting us know about this.  We've fixed it for the next version.  In the meantime, if you redefine these brush resources in your app's Resources (per the techniques described in the Themes documentation and samples) as Transparent, you can get it looking how you want.

<SolidColorBrush x:Key="{x:Static themes:AssetResourceKeys.RibbonTabItemBackgroundHoverBrushKey}" themes:TintGroup.Name="RibbonTabItem" 
		Color="#00FFFFFF" />
	<SolidColorBrush x:Key="{x:Static themes:AssetResourceKeys.RibbonTabItemBorderHoverBrushKey}" themes:TintGroup.Name="RibbonTabItem" 
		Color="#00FFFFFF" />

Actipro Software Support

Posted 9 years ago by Bobby Anguelov

Hi,

I've tried redefining it as you suggest but this also affects the maximized version of the ribbon, which is not what I wanted since now that looks pretty bad as well. Do you have an eta for the next version?

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Bobby,

With that change above, it should be working the same as Metro Light does.  Keeping the two hover resources as non-transparent was an oversight on our part for the Metro Dark theme.  As far as I can tell, it's matching what Office does now.  Tabs render the same regardless of whether you minimize the ribbon or not.

The new version should be out in the next couple weeks or so.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.