Posted 14 years ago by Werdna
Version: 4.0.0248
I'm implementing custom language by inheriting from MergableSyntaxLanguage.
I have my custom IToken implementations and lexer and implemented methods: IsPairedEnd, IsPairedStart and MatchingTokenID, but I get no highlighting.
When running in debugger, my IsPairedEnd called only once on initial startup on Document End token and never after that.
I set BracketHighlightingVisible to true on the editor itself.
What else do I have to do to make it work?
Thanks.

Comments (3)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
If you are running a non-dynamic language it should be firing any time the caret moves. Doing what you said is what we did in the .NET Languages Add-on and it works ok. Perhaps try loading your custom language in our SDI Editor sample using the Load Custom Add-on feature (as long as you compile your language in a separate assembly).

For anyone else reading this, per the docs:
If not using a dynamic language, bracket highlighting can be defined by making a custom token class and implementing the IsPairedStart, IsPairedEnd, and MatchingTokenID members of IToken.

I believe that's all we did for our add-ons to get it working there.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Werdna
This wasn't working because I didn't override CreateToken in my language. I did for CreateDocumentEndToken and CreateInvalidToken, but forgot for CreateToken.
This was causing for my tokens to be created from lexer, but somehow they got lost and converted to defaultTokens.

I have another question on bracket matching. Is there a way to match multiple tokens?
I want to be able to match: function and "end function", where the later is multiple tokens "end" and "function". I probably could create one token EndFunction out of it, but I don't think this is a good solution.
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Yes, check out the documentation's "SyntaxEditor Text Visualization Features / Bracket Highlighting" topic under "Advanced Bracket Highlighting" and that covers what you need to do.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v21.1.0) was released 18 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.