How to Update ToolWindow when View Models in ToolItemSource Collection are disposed

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 9 years ago by Aaron Langford
Version: 15.1.0622

Hey Actipro Community,

I have an app where a user will close, open and load a new workspace. I have one tool window on the side. If I close and open a new workspace, the contents of the tool window are not updated appropriately.

Upon closing my workspace and opening a new one, I update my collection that is bound to ToolItemSource in the XAML with a new viewmodel. However the change doesn't bubble up to the view. Why don't the Tool Windows update when the tool item source changes?

Comments (1)

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Aaron,

It's difficult to say without seeing a small sample of what you are doing.  If you'd like us to look, please make a new simple sample project that shows the issue and email it to our support address in a renamed .zip file extension so it doesn't get spam blocked.  Reference this thread in your email.  Other than that and in the meantime, you can look at our samples since some of them show MVVM implementation such as using ToolItemsSource.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.