Is AutoCompletePreText affecting CompleteWord?

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by shark92651
Lets say I have a list of values in my memberlist such as:
AAA
BAA
BBB
CCC

If I type "B" into the editor and then invoke the list using CompleteWord it is smart enough to position the selection on item BAA as it matches the partial word - this is good.

However, when inserted lets say I want the values to have quotes around them. If I add AutoCompletePreText and PostText to be '"' then it no longer positions the selection on item BAA when I call CompleteWord using the same steps listed above. It seems that for some reason the pre and post text is interferring with the search. Is this because you assume the pre and post text are part of the text? I would not make this assumption if this is the case. Can you reproduce this behavior and offer a workaround or fix?

Thanks

Comments (2)

Posted 17 years ago by Boyd - Sr. Software Developer, Patterson Consulting, LLC
Take a look at the IntelliPromptMemberList.MatchBasedOnItemPreText property. I think setting that to 'false' will give you what you want.
Posted 17 years ago by shark92651
Cool - I missed that property. On a related note your documentation could REALLY benefit from some useful "see also" links :)
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.