Posted 8 years ago by Carlson
Version: 15.1.0623

Hi,

If I want to use the chart control, the only way is use it in the Visual Studio? The issue is I would like to use the WPF control on Dynamics AX application, however, I check the documentation, it seems I only can use the chart control in Visual Studio and compile with license file.

The link below is what I really want to achieve: http://www.ksaelen.be/wordpresses/dynamicsaxblog/2013/05/hosting-custom-wpf-calendar-control-in-ax-2012/

Import a WPF dll into Dynamics AX.

Regards,

Carlson

Comments (5)

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Carlson,

Normally usage of our WPF controls is through Visual Studio when building a custom app of your own.  That being said, perhaps it would be possible to use it in a Dynamics AX application but that's not a scenario we've ever tried.  If you created a wrapper control library and had the license info (after purchasing licenses) get compiled into that, it should get found when our licensing logic goes to look for it.  I would first suggest that you try putting one of our Shared Library controls in your app to ensure it's technically feasible, as those controls don't require licensing.  If it does, then you could get the Charts license and embed the chart in there.

Actipro Software Support

Thanks for prompt response, do you mean I need to create a WPF user control library and add Actpro chart control as a reference. Then compile into my own WPF dll and load it into Dynamics AX?

Without knowing how Dynamics AX works, and based on what you described, yes, that is what I would suggest.  As mentioned though, first try out wrapping one of our Shared Library controls to test the feasibility of this process.

Actipro Software Support

Thanks, now I can see the wrapper DLL works in Dynamics AX.

But regarding deployment, when I deploy this wrapper DLl to other machines, do I need to deploy the Chart DLL (ActiproSoftware.Charts.Wpf) on the application bin folder as well?

Hi Carlson,

Yes, you would need to deploy our Charts and our Shared DLL files with your application since those two libraries contain the product code.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.