Posted 4 years ago by Eric P
Version: 15.1.0624

Before I create my own, I was wondering if Actipro has the ability to add a "glyph" to a control like a TextBox? I would like to create a TextBox similar to the Search TextBox at the top of Firefox or a better example would be the Search TextBox found in the upper right of the Windows Explorer (file explorer). It shows a magnifying glass icon to indicate a search or filter operation. At first I thought I could do it with the HintProperties.HintTemplate but that will only show when the TextBox.Text is empty. Since Actipro has tons of little goodies I wanted to make sure it did not exists before I created my own.

Thanks,

-eric

Comments (2)

Posted 4 years ago by Eric P

So this is more complicated that I described above. Here is the original post we used to build the SearchTextBox (https://davidowens.wordpress.com/2009/02/18/wpf-search-text-box/). Does Actipro have something like this or can it be built using the Part Editors?

Posted 4 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Eric,

It is possible to make a custom part edit box.  Our QuickStarts show a sample SSN one.  Our pre-built GuidEditBox includes a button at the end of it, which is probably similar to what you are trying to accomplish.

Still, making a custom part edit box might end up being more difficult than just retemplating TextBox to add your button.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v2019.1 build 0681) was released 20 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.