Circular Gauge with segmented bar pointer / or segmented rectangle in a range?

Gauge for WPF Forum

Posted 8 years ago by lala
Version: 15.1.0624

I am using WPF Gauge , I want to implement a circular gauge with no needle or custom pointer. Instead I would like to display the "pointer value" as  segmented rectangle bar in a linear gauge .Basically I would like to use the kind of "progress bar representation" but in a circular gauge.

I was thinking on do this dynamically with short ranges ( creating/deleting a new range each time  value its been increased or decreased). I was wondering if there is a more  simple way because this feauture looks quite useful to me and maybe I am not aware about another easy way to get this effect.

Example of what I want:

http://blog.scottlogic.com/archive/2011/02/SegmentedProgress.png

Thanks in advance for your help.

kind regards

Rebeca.

Comments (1)

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

The simplest way might be to look at what we did in the Shared Library / Ring Slice QuickStart.  We show how our RingSlice control can be used to build those sorts of circular gauges.  You have to piece several RingSlices together but it's doable now.  We'd eventually like to wrap that up into a composite control that makes the process more automated.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.