Updating To vNext; MVVM tabs not shown?

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 8 years ago by Justin Klein
Version: 16.1.0630

I've just installed the long-awaited 2016.01 update (vNext).  I've fixed all the most obvious breaking changes (i.e. which result in build-time errors), removed DockSiteViewModelBehavior, added IsOpen & IsActive properties, and set them to "true" immediately after adding a new ViewModel to the DocumentItemsSource.  However, a new document / tab is never shown.  There are no binding errors (or otherwise) shown in VS output.  I've looked through the updated MVVM sample code and gone through the 'Converting to 2016.1" section of the helpdoc, but I didn't see any notes about what else might have changed to cause this.  From the much-simplified MVVM sample code, it seems that just setting IsOpen or IsActive (after adding to the DocumentItems) should pop up the new tab.

Is there something else not in the documentation which might cause it to break in this way upon updating to vNext?

Thanks much in advance.

Comments (4)

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Justin,

We're not aware of any problems there.  Have you injected a MDI host in the DockSite before doing all this?  I don't believe one will be auto-created for you if you didn't initially set one up, and that could possibly lead to what you're seeing.  If so and you still see the problem, please write our support address with a new simple sample project that shows the issue.  Be sure to reference this thread in your email and rename the .zip file extension so it doesn't get spam blocked.

Actipro Software Support

When you say "inject a MDI host in the DockSite," I'm not sure what this refers to - is this something new that's required by vNext?  My MDI host is just specified in XAML:

<actidock:Workspace>
<actidock:TabbedMdiHost />
</actidock:Workspace>

This is the same as worked previously - I'm not 'injecting' anything programmatically...?

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

What you have (putting the MDI host in XAML) should be fine and is what I mean.  Please send over a sample per above so we can debug it.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Damn - I'm embarrassed.  While trimming out code to create a simplified project to send over, I realized that, uh...I forgot to RaisePropertyChanged in the new IsOpen property...

Totally stupid error, sorry.  Time to sleep.  These all-nighters don't do a body good :/

Thanks for your quick responses tho!

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 21 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.