Custom theme for inclusion in visual studio

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 8 years ago by Matt Whitfield
Version: 16.1.0630

I'd like to build a custom theme for syntax editor that fits in with Visual Studio's theming - as one of the targets of my editor will be a visual studio extension. I don't want to use one of the built-in themes because I want to fully support any custom visual studio themes that the user may create. Apologies if I've missed it - but I can see information on how to apply built-in themes, how to create custom controls that respect that theme - but not any information on how to go about actually creating a custom theme for SyntaxEditor. Also, I can't see any information on where to find the default contol templates - where might those be located?

Thanks

Comments (1)

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Matt,

We don't have any samples on building a custom theme for SyntaxEditor but if you get the default styles/templates, they aren't all that complex.  If you are a WPF Studio customer, there is a link to download the default styles/templates from your organization account page.  Otherwise, if you have licensed SyntaxEditor outside of the WPF Studio bundle, please write our support address to request the themes and include your license info.  We'll email them over.

Most of what you'd want to theme anyhow in SyntaxEditor is the highlighting styles.  We have the ability to load .vssettings files or you can programmatically update styles in the AmbientHighlightingStyleRegistry to suit your needs.  You could basically examine VS colors and then just build highlighting styles for our product that match.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.