WindowsStateChanged event does not raise

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 8 years ago by Thomas Dupuis
Version: 16.1.0630
Platform: .NET 4.5
Environment: Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I'm in the process of migrating a wpf application from Actipro 15.1 to 16.1

Everything's ok except it seems the new WindowsStateChanged docksite event never raises. 

private void RegisterEventHandlers()
{
_dockSite.WindowsClosed += DockSiteOnWindowsClosed;
_dockSite.WindowsClosing += DockSiteOnWindowsClosing;
_dockSite.WindowsStateChanged += DockSiteOnWindowsStateChanged;
_dockSite.WindowActivated += DockSiteOnWindowActivated;
}

The 3 others events (Closed, Closing, Activated) raise properly, but I can't make the WindowsStateChanged event to raise (It should raise when I dock/undock manually any toolwindow right?)

private void DockSiteOnWindowsStateChanged(object sender, DockingWindowsEventArgs e)
{
   //Dostuff
}

My docksite:

<docking:DockSite Name="PART_DockSite" 
                          Style="{StaticResource DockSiteStyle}"
                          ToolItemContainerStyle="{StaticResource ToolWindowStyle}"
                          ToolItemsSource="{Binding ToolItems}"
                          ToolItemTemplateSelector="{StaticResource ToolItemTemplateSelector}">
            <docking:Workspace>
                    <docking:TabbedMdiHost>
                        <docking:TabbedMdiContainer x:Name="documentContainer"/>
                    </docking:TabbedMdiHost>
                </docking:Workspace>
        </docking:DockSite>

Any idea? Thanks!

[Modified 8 years ago]

Comments (2)

Answer - Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Thomas,

In the 2016.1 version, the Floating value was removed from the DockingWindowState enumeration.  The reason is that now floating dock hosts can contain full MDI areas, docked tool windows, and auto-hidden tool windows.  Thus that event won't fire when a window is floated unless the transition is a state change (such as from a tool window in the MDI area to a floating tool window, which is docked).

We tested and the event is firing correctly when changing betwee any of the document, docked, or auto-hide states.

If you have a need to be notified when a docking window is floated or docked back, please give some more detail about the scenario and we will be happy to discuss further.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 8 years ago by Thomas Dupuis

Thank you very much for this fast and precise answer!

Thomas

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.