Best set of properties to determine DockingWindow visibility

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 8 years ago by Andrew Hanlon
Version: 16.1.0631

Hello

What is the best set of bindable properties that would allow me to identify if a DockingWindow is currently 'visible' within the DockSite? My current thoughts are:  

dw.IsSelected && (dw.State != DockingWindowState.AutoHide || dw.IsActive)

Does that make sense? Am I missing any corner cases?

I don't know if this is a breaking change in any way, but I think it would make sense to set `IsSelected` to false for AutoHide windows that are currently hidden. That would allow `IsSelected` to be a universal indicator that the dockingWindow is currently visible in the DockingSite.

Thanks kindly.

Comments (4)

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Andrew,

Yes that is probably correct and I believe will handle everything other than you should also add "dw.IsOpen &&" to the start of it since IsOpen indicates if the window is in the layout at all.

We will update the IsSelected property in the next version when in auto-hide state to only return true if the popup is displayed.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 8 years ago by Andrew Hanlon

Thank you kindly! 

Posted 8 years ago by Gareth Parris - Software Developer, McLaren

That would help us too. Do you know when you are likely to release the next version?

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Gareth,

We're not sure just yet but we can give you a preview build if you want to contact us via support address.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.