Where is the Ribbon Window (WPF) Template

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 8 years ago by Michael Bayer
Version: 16.1.0631

Hello,

in the documentation I read, that after the installation of WPF Suite there should be two templates in Visual Studio: Ribbon Window (WPF) and Ribbon Page (WPF). I don't find these templates. How can I get them?

Thanks in advance

Michael

Comments (8)

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Michael,

If you go into the Visual Studio "Add New Item" page, and expand the tree to show Visual C# / WPF / Actipro Software, you should see the items there.

Actipro Software Support

Thank you. But I'm a VB.NET programmer and I don't see a corresponding Visual Basic / WPF / Actipro Software entry. If I search the template window for "Actipro", no items were found. What can I do?

KR

Michael

Hi Michael,

I see the same items when a VB project is open, doing Add New Item, and looking under WPF / Actipro Software.  One note is that I wonder if it's an edition issue.  Are you on a community or some lite edition of VS?

Actipro Software Support

Thank you for your answer.

I'm using Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise Edition (German). I've installed Actipro WPF Suite 2016.1 over the previous version (but I don't know, whether the templates could be found under version 2015 because I start but now with my first steps in WPF). If I choose "Add New Item" and look under WPF I definetly see no entry called Actipro Software. All I see are the Visual Studio Templates. Did I overlooked a detail during installation?

KR

Michael

Hi Michael,

The files get installed by default to this folder (at least on my system):

C:\Users\[yourusernamehere]\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Templates\ItemTemplates\Visual Basic\WPF\Actipro Software

Do you see entries there, or did you change installation options from their defaults?

Actipro Software Support

Hello,

No, I don't see any entries there - I even haven't a folder "WPF" below "..\ItemTemplates\Visual Basic". I also didn't change the default values of the installation.

I will uninstall the WPF Suite, install it again and inform you about the results.

Answer - Posted 8 years ago by Michael Bayer

Ah - I have installed the Actipro WPF Suite under "Administrator" credentials. I found the Actipro Software Folder below the "C:\Users\Administrator\...\WPF" directory. I've copied them to a folder, which can be accessed from both administrator and my developer account.

Now I see the templates. Thank you.

KR

Michael

That's odd, they should be under the user name.  Anyhow, I'm glad you were able to find them!

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.